Arthur (Bub) Epley
Rancho Tres Hijos
Tilden, Texas

Why I have contributed to BEEF and continue to contribute to BEEF. The purpose of BEEF is clearly stated “The Foundation is dedicated to making a great breed of cattle even better through scientific research, education of the breed’s future leaders and providing valuable information to the public about the Beefmaster Breed as a superior meat production animal.” I believe that this purpose is in my best interest. and is in the best interest for the world as the world population continues to grow. Having a superior meat production animal that will thrive in all types of environments was the goal of Tom Lasater. By contributing to BEEF and trying to be a good breeder of Beefmaster cattle, I feel that I am helping to meet his original goal and the goals of the Foundation stated above. Since BEEF is an established 501(c)3 non-profit Corporation, I can take advantage of the tax savings provided by existing U.S. tax laws. This is one way that I can get the U.S. government to contribute to BEEF. Reducing my tax bill with my contributions to BEEF, I am helping to fund a program that I favor while reducing my taxes that fund other government programs, some of which I do not favor. Many of my fellow breeders are still unaware of the many accomplishments of BEEF. Please take time to read the sections in this website on Research and Education. Contributing to BEEF can help provide a better animal to feed the world.

Bill Carr
Hilltop Beefmasters
$100K/100% Donor

“I believe BEEF’s funding of research activities is the most important to the future of the
Beefmaster breed.”

Derek Thompson
BBU President
Nextgen Cattle Co.

I believe that Beefmaster needs to play a big part in the cattle industry. As a breed we need to continue to dedicate resources to research projects and show the industry the incredible benefits our breed has to offer. It was easy to donate to this great group, BEEF as they continue to look at ways to get our message out to the beef industry.

Bob Siddons
Arrowhead Ranch
Austin, Texas

When BEEF was first proposed and imagined, my first thought was, what if this had been done 25 years ago, then my next thought was, we can’t make the next generation say the same thing about us! BEEF makes so many things possible, research projects, education, tax deductible donations, scholarships, breed promotional advertising just to name a few. BEEF was the vehicle that made the donation of several hundred thousand dollars worth of heifers to Texas A&M and OSU Universities possible. BEEF currently has about $1,500,000 in cash and pledges all of which has been committed by only 2% of our membership. It’s now time for the other 98% of our membership to consider their place in the breed and make a pledge commensurate with their ability. If we all do our part Beefmasters will secure its place as the absolute dominant American breed!

BEEF is doing great things for our breed on many different fronts.
Our participation insures we can continue working to make the best breed better!